Engineered to meet the needs for a high-quality, rapidly deployable dhelter system, the MSS70 Series 8 can be erected without special equipment in tough field conditions.
Constructed with lightweight aluminum, utilizing short sections (no pieces exceed 8 feet in length). The entire Shelter – complete with lights, electrical and aircraft doors – fits in three-four 8’ x 9’ x 8’ ISU 90 containers.
Designed so that 8 unskilled workers can install the Shelter in less than 32 hours with standard tools and no special equipment.
The MSS70 is built to configure to your project specifications. Modular units support variable lengths. Available in the standard width of 70’ (21,4 m) – with multiple lengths to accommodate various aircraft, helicopters and vehicles. Flat gable and/or “Big Mouth Door” end options allow appropriate entry access. Insulation options are available, as well as a version with NEC Class 1, Division 2-compliant (explosion-proof) electrical system for aircraft hangar applications.
Since its introduction it has been successfully deployed in missions all over the world, satisfying the needs for aircraft hangars, vehicular maintenance facilities, warehouses, housing, and recreation under multiple contracts to the U.S. Government. Versatile and competitively priced, the MSS70 series is the ideal response to today’s Armed Forces’ needs for temporary shelters.
To endure extreme climate conditions, the MSS70 is rated for 100 mph (161 km/h) Basic Wind Speed, Exposure Class C and 20 psf (+/- 100 kg/m²) Ground Snow Load, both per IBC 2006 (ASCE 7-05).
The shelter comes standard with two personnel doors, all tools needed for installation, a complete electrical system, ventilation and a lighting package.
- 830 g/m² PVC-coated polyester scrim (Precontraint® Ferrari)
- Available in either blackout or translucent
- Standard width of 70’ (21,35 m)
- Available in any length by adding 14.5’ (4,4 m) modules
- Aircraft, cargo & personnel doors in many sizes
- Concrete anchors, screw anchors or anchor pins (determined by soil conditions)
INSULATION & ACOUSTIC LINERS
- Integrated, reflective foil insulation packages available
ELECTRICAL & LIGHTS
- Complete electrical and lighing packages
- Complete HVAC packages available
- Ventilators provided with all models
- Includes complete instruction and information manual
- Can be installed by 8 unskilled workers in less than 32 hours
- No equipment required
- Installs in considerably less time when light equipment is required
- No foundations required